Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Amazing Grace

You know, all this talk of the punk rock days and times that I have lived alone I don't want to paint the picture of that that is all there is to me or my life. Although fascinating, to me at least, there is a lot more positive things going on in my life at the moment. I don't want those times to really cast a negative shadow on what I am today. I live a full life, better than it has ever been. Although plagued with the occasional heartbreak, for example last week being told that I severely messed up my knee and requiring a MRI and a scope, I find that life always mixes things up but that if you are true it all ends up being a blessing. I have lived some desperate times. Times that frankly and literally keep me up at night. The thoughts of where I could have ended up and things that could have easily happened are terrifying. I have spent years in fear. The only reason that I survived is God and I am just frankly thrilled he has kept me around this long. There are things that I love here on Earth that is worth keeping around for. One of them is my wife Natalie and furry daughter Cocoa who always does the unexpected. I love music and food. I also love the continuing saga of Heidi Montague. Life now is kind of like surfing. God is the wave and if you can manage to stay on the board you are in for quite a ride. I want to hear your story so tell me. Find your own wave.

2 comments:

nat said...

my story: well i'll let you know when i find it. thank you for calming when i woke up and freaked out because i didn't know where i was.

Jossiah Dugger said...

Hey Jon, I love your new blog! I really liked the poem True Story, the imagery was awesome--somedays I can relate. Hey I have a few pictures of my stitched up pirate eye if you need em :)